Founded in 2015, Skopos Collective LLC is a consulting firm focused on building financial viability and literacy primarily among manufacturing and creative businesses. Developing and maintaining a modern financial system is at the core of everything we do. We do so in three ways:
- Small business consulting: Work with ambitious small business owners to bring new thinking and solutions to growth challenges centered around a business and financial lens.
- Financial literacy education:. Skopos demystifies financial concepts with business owners and empowers them to understand what they don’t know. Our Small Business Finance Essentials class covers accounting 101, trend analysis, projections, growth planning, and more.
- Capacity building with Community Development Organizations: We collaborate with community development organizations to educate their business clients on crucial small business financial topics and be on-call to provide guidance when it’s needed most.
Skopos is looking for a freelance Workshop Coordinator to help plan and coordinate our financial literacy series for organizations like the Brooklyn Navy Yard, Evergreen Exchange and Business Outreach Network. This opportunity provides great exposure to the small business and economic development finance community, as well as how a good financial system can unlock great growth potential.
- Working with the Founder to develop proposals, coordinate resources (trainers, materials, classrooms, etc.), organize class materials, review materials for accuracy, maintain contact lists, to name a few;
- Attending our trainings (usually held in the evenings) to help ensure smooth delivery and debrief;
- Putting your creative skills to work by taking the great work we do and tell a story with on Instagram, our online Journal or other social media outlets (blogs, newsletter features, etc.).
- Be a passionate advocate for small business, community development and diversity.
To succeed in this role:
- You have a BA or BS in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting. If you do not like numbers or data, this role is not for you.
- You are interested in learning more about the world of small business.
- You enjoy the challenge and shifts in focus of having multiple tasks at a time.
- You are organized, detail-oriented and, given that much of our communication will be remote, you communicate well.
As we are a growing company, you will be the first to fill this role. Therefore, someone who is resourceful, upbeat and tenacious would be a great fit. Other qualifications include a penchant for strong communities, diversity and, most importantly, grasps the basics of business and financial management and desires to learn more real world [small] business skills.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look forward to hearing from you!